Explaining the Logo of “The Bashan Institute of Science”
- The logo reflects the fundamentals and the spirit of The Bashan Institute of Science on which it is based, operates and progresses.
- It contains the abbreviations of the name of the institute (BIS) where all letters are embedded within each other to represent the integrality and the multidisciplinary of different branches of science to achieve a specific goal.
- The building blocks represent the blocks of knowledge on which science is built. At the same time, these different blocks represent various types of scientific projects that each one is small but together they build our general knowledge. The embedded letters are only partially filled with these blocks of knowledge because our scientific knowledge is never complete. Yet, new knowledge in a form of new projects, on the top right, is ready to be incorporated into the general knowledge created by the institute.
- The double tipped shape represents the past and the future. The lower tip is the past showing that this institute originates from The Bashan foundation. The upper tip is souring high and upward toward infinite future. Together with the new blocks, still suspended in the air, they represent the future of the institute.
- The colors of the letters are the identical colors of the original mother organization, The Bashan Foundation, dark blue, light blue and white. The green color represents environmental scientific research which is the core mission of the institute.
Idea and general layout: Yoav Bashan
Graphic design: Juan-Pablo Hernandez