Archive of publications
Scientific publications and presentations are important qualitative indicators of a research institution. They account for scientific excellence and serve as a platform to present new data and new perspectives to the scientific community. Formal peer-review publication of innovative scientific knowledge is a major basis for the development of new ideas in research strategies and finally new products that can serve the good of mankind.
“You have requested access to material protected by copyright. We considered your request as “reprint request” as is common in the scientific community. When you download a PDF, you agree to download one copy for personal and scientific use only. Commercial use or duplication is not allowed unless permission from the copyright owner is granted.”
“Authors in bold letters are scientists associated with BIS”
- Lopez, B.R., Hernandez, J.P., Bashan, Y., and de-Bashan, L.E. 2017. Immobilization of microalgae cells in alginate facilitates isolation of DNA and RNA. Journal of Microbiological Methods. 135: 96-104.
- Amavizca, E., Bashan, Y., Ryu, C.-M., Farag, M.A., Bebout, B.M., and de-Bashan, L.E. 2017. Enhanced performance of the microalga Chlorella sorokiniana remotely induced by the plant growth-promoting bacteria Azospirillum brasilense and Bacillus pumilus. Scientific Reports-Nature. 7: 41310.
- Huang, P., de-Bashan, L. E., Crocker, T., Kloepper, J.W., and Bashan, Y. 2017. Evidence that fresh weight measurement is imprecise for reporting the effect of plant growth-promoting (rhizo)bacteria on growth promotion of crop plants. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 53: 199–208.
- Bashan, Y., Huang, P., Kloepper, J.W., and de-Bashan, L.E. 2017. A proposal for avoiding fresh-weight measurements when reporting the effect of plant growth-promoting (rhizo)bacteria on growth promotion of plants. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 53: 1-2.
- Palacios, O.A., Gomez-Anduro, G., Bashan, Y., and de-Bashan, L.E. 2017. Tryptophan, thiamine, and indole-3-acetic acid exchange between Chlorella sorokiniana and the plant growth-promoting bacterium Azospirillum brasilense. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiw077.
- Bashan, N. 2016. Inoculant formulations are essential for successful inoculation with plant growth-promoting bacteria and business opportunities. Indian Phytopathology. 69(4s):739-743.
- Bashan, Y., de-Bashan, L.E. and Prabhu, S.R. 2016. Superior polymeric formulations and emerging innovative products of bacterial inoculants for sustainable agriculture and the environment. In: Agriculturally Important Microorganisms: Commercialization and Regulatory Requirements in Asia. (eds.): Singh H. B., Sarma B. K. and Keswani C. Chapter 2. Published by: Springer Nature, Singapore. pp. 15-46.
- Posada, L.F., Alvarez, J.C., Hu, C.H., de-Bashan, L.E., and Bashan, Y. 2016. Construction of probe of the plant growth-promoting bacteria Bacillus subtilis useful for fluorescence in situ hybridization. Journal of Microbiological Methods. 128: 125-129. Suplemented material.
- Bashan, Y., and de-Bashan, L.E. 2016. Encapsulated formulations for microorganisms in agriculture and the environment. Bioencapsulation Innovations. 5: 4-5.
- Bacilio, M., Moreno, M., and Bashan, Y. 2016. Mitigation of negative effects of progressive soil salinity gradients by application of humic acids and inoculation with Pseudomonas stutzeri in a salt-tolerant and a salt-susceptible pepper. Applied Soil Ecology. 107: 394–404.
- Bashan, Y., Kloepper, J.W., de-Bashan, L.E., and Nannipieri, P. 2016. A need for disclosure of the identity of microorganisms, constituents, and application methods when reporting tests with microbe-based or pesticide-based products. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 52: 283–284.
- de-Bashan, L.E., Mayali, X., Bebout, B.M., Weber, P.K., Detweiler, A., Hernandez, J.P., Prufert-Bebout, L., and Bashan, Y. 2016. Establishment of stable synthetic mutualism without co-evolution between microalgae and bacteria demonstrated by mutual transfer of metabolites (NanoSIMS isotopic imaging) and persistent physical association (Fluorescent in situ hybridization). Algal Research. 15: 179–186.
- Palacios, O.A., Choix, F.J., Bashan, Y., de-Bashan, L.E. 2016. Influence of tryptophan and indole-3-acetic acid on starch accumulation in the synthetic mutualistic Chlorella sorokiniana–Azospirillum brasilense system under heterotrophic conditions. Research in Microbiology. 167:367-379.
- Palacios, O. A., Bashan, Y., Schmid, M., Hartmann, A., de-Bashan, L. E. 2016. Enhancement of thiamine release during synthetic mutualism between Chlorella sorokiniana and Azospirillum brasilense growing under stress conditions. Journal of Applied Phycology. 28:1521–1531.
- Lopez-Lozano, N.E., Carcaño-Montiel, M.G., and Bashan, Y. 2016. Using native trees and cacti to improve soil potential nitrogen fixation during long-term restoration of arid lands. Plant and Soil. 403:317–329
- Pereg, L., de-Bashan, L.E., and Bashan, Y. 2016. Assessment of affinity and specificity of Azospirillum for plants. Plant and Soil. 399:389–414.
- Bashan Y., Lopez, B.R., Huss, V.A.R., Amavizca, E. and de-Bashan, L.E. 2016. Chlorella sorokiniana (formerly C. vulgaris) UTEX 2714, a non-thermotolerant microalgal species useful for biotechnological applications and as a reference strain. Journal of Applied Phycology. 28: 113-121.
- Perez-Garcia, O., and Bashan, Y. 2015. Microalgal heterotrophic and mixotrophic culturing for bio-refining: From metabolic routes to techno-economics. In: Algal Biorefineries II: Products and Biorefinery Design. Prokop, A., Bajpai, R., Zappi, M. (Eds). Springer, New York, Berlin, Germany.
- Meza, B., de-Bashan, L.E., Hernandez, J.-P., and Bashan, Y. 2015. Accumulation of intra-cellular polyphosphate in Chlorella vulgaris cells is related to indole-3-acetic acid produced by Azospirillum brasilense. Research in Microbiology. 166: 399-407.